What you will do!
The overall responsibility for this role will be develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods to improve quality and efficiency, both of which lead to a better product and reductions in the cost of producing the product, maximizing profitability.
It will be also under this role the responsibility of product release management, ensuring that resources, timelines, and the overall quality of the product configurations and process are all considered and accounted for.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meeting with the development teams to discuss product ideas
- Provide technical support for the manufacturing area in the execution of world-class operational performance
- Lead and/or support structured problem solving to remedy deviations to short interval control (daily management) expectations
- Develop, configure and optimize manufacturing processes from inception to certification
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of product
- Lead, facilitate, and sustaining support for continuous improvement activities (Kaizen events)
- Manage product configurations
- Product release planning, issue and deployment
- Ensure accuracy and timelines of all product documentation
- Issue technical product documents – operation instructions, inspection plans and manuals
- Review and calculate labour, material and other production costs along with reviewing schedules and future production requirements to assist management in decision making
- Facilitate communication and clarification of technical requirements between Suppliers and Purchasing, Quality, and Design teams
- Provide input on new or alternative materials for improved design, manufacturability, or cost reduction.
INTERACTIONS & INTERFACES:
- Internally will interact with all departments and top management. Will also interact with suppliers and customers.
- Reports to Product Engineering Director.
SKILLS & COMPETENCES:
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Green Belt Certified or practical application of Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Decision making
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong working relationships
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and adapt to change
- High degree of initiative and self-motivation with a strong sense of accountability
- Knowledge of product failure modes
- Experience in Product Engineering.