The overall responsibility for this role will be to develop analysis methods to determine reliability of components and equipment. Conduct analysis of reliability problems and investigate to determine the required reliability approach for a particular situation, with consideration given to cost limitations for equipment uptime/downtime, repair/replacement costs and availability of materials/equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze projected product utilization and calculates cumulative effect on final system reliability of individual part reliabilities.
- Drafts failure mode and effect analysis sheets to identify units posing excessive failure risks and support proposed changes in design.
- Enters data to simulate electrical inputs, transient conditions, temperature, stress, and analyzes and adjusts design to predict and improve system reliability.
- Advises and confers with design review meetings to give reliability findings and recommendations.
- Monitors failure data generated in the field to compare with predictions and ascertain potential requirement for product improvement.
- Maintenance Plan that includes:
✓ Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
✓ Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
✓ Spare part optimization
- Analysis of components / equipment failure rate. To fulfill this can be applied:
✓ Data analysis techniques that can include:
- Statistical Process Control
- Reliability modeling and prediction
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Weibull Tree Analysis
- Six Sigma (6σ) Methodology
✓ Root-cause and Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCA, RCFA)
✓ Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions.
INTERACTIONS & INTERFACES:
- Internally will interact with R&D and Operations departments. Will also interact with suppliers and customers.
- Reports to: Product Engineering Director
Experience in Reliability Engineering.